Fringe Festival Preview Party
Chicago Fringe Festival Preview Party
Wednesday, 8/31/2016 → 7 to 10 pm
Doors Open: 6:30 pm ~ All Ages Welcome
Ticket Price: FREE
Artists will have three minutes to convince you their show is the one to see! This event is free and open to the public.
What Is a Fringe Festival?
Fringes are festivals that are:
- Focused on the performing arts: Theater, dance, puppetry, stand-up comedy, spoken word– whatever it is, you’re likely to find it at a fringe fest. Fringes don’t have a focus on a single discipline or genre, we are a performing-arts smörgåsbord!
- Uncensored: Free speech! No one gets too fussy at a Fringe about swearing or nudity, but squeaky-clean content isn’t marginal or discouraged, either. Check our show listings for description of what content they include.
- Easy to participate in: Ticket prices are low for audiences and production fees are low for artists. The artists in the festival run the gamut from amateurs to professionals.
- Festivals: Fringes last from just a few days or a few weeks and involve lots of people at multiple venues.
- Original: Fringes feature a huge array of original material, sometimes by design, but usually because that’s what Fringes naturally do well.
- Rapid-fire: Typically, tech is minimal and time is a factor at a Fringe. Shows are brief (usually around 60 minutes in length) and technical requirements kept simple (minor sets, streamlined cues, nothing elaborate).
Chicago is one of many cities in the the U.S. and around the world that are part of the Fringe Festival movement. To learn more about Fringe, please visit the United States combined website for Fringes: www.fringefestivals.us
CHICAGO FRINGE is a group of Chicago-based individual artists and producers who have come together with the common goal of making an annual Chicago Fringe Festival a reality. They are all volunteers.
The Chicago Fringe Festival Inc. is an Illinois non for profit organization, incorporated in July of 2009.
Event Producer & links:
To contact them, you may email here or call (872) 210-2315.
“JOIN” the Facebook Event HERE
Public Service Announcement