A Christmas Story & Santa
Fri, November 25, 2016 → 2 to 5 pm ←
Santa visits at 2 pm, Movie 3 pm
FREE FAMILY EVENT
The Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce invites you to the free showing of a favorite retro Christmas Movie, ” A Christmas Story ” in a retro beautiful theater, the former Gateway. [see theater history HERE]
Santa will visit the theater before the movie at 2 pm. The movie, A Christmas Story, begins at 3 pm.
Avoid the “Black Friday” crowds in malls & have a delightful afternoon at the Copernicus Center. This beloved movie has put a smile on many faces for many years.
A Christmas Story – About the Movie
The movie was produced in 1983 and takes place in a small town in Indiana during the 1940’s. Ralphie, a 9 year old boy, is set on convincing his parents that a Red Ryder B.B. gun is the ALL TIME best Christmas present.
Director: Bob Clark
Based on a Novel by: Jean Shepherd (“In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash”)
Stars: Peter Billingsley, Melinda Dillon, Darren McGavin
Movie Fun Facts:
- The setting for the movie was based on Hammond, Indiana the home town of author Jean Sheperd.
- Actual filming took place in Cleveland, Ohio and Toronto, Ontario.
- The house from the movie is located just outside of downtown Cleveland and still stands today AND is open year round to the public for tours. (see link below for info)
- Author Jean Shepherd provided the voice-over narration. He also makes a short appearance in the movie as a Higbee’s department store customer. He tells Ralphie to go to the back of the Santa line.
- Higbee’s is a REAL department store in Cleveland. It still is open today, and was the first department store in Cleveland.
- For the tongue sticking scene, a hidden suction tube was used to create the illusion that his tongue had frozen to the metal.
- For More Fun Facts, CLICK HERE
SPONSORED BY: The Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce & the Copernicus Foundation
“JOIN” the Facebook Event HERE
Please see the Facebook Event page for COMMENTS, UPDATES, & QUESTIONS. 🙂
See ALL Upcoming Events → CLICK HERE
Rent our Venue Spaces: Theater, Annex, King's Hall, Lobby, Classrooms → CLICK HERE
Public Service Announcement ☺